Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Movember looming

Well it's nearly Movember.

This year it's especially poignant, as just after last Movember drew to a glorious close, my papa was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He's now finished his treatment and we wait to see if it's been successful. It;s been a tough year, filled with not knowing how he was doing, conflicting reports from too many doctors and side effects that I won't go into today. Those of us around him have had to pull together and I think he's doing ok. We'll see.

For now, I know this: if there was the time and money devoted to man-cancer that there is to breast-cancer, this may well have been spotted earlier and treated more swiftly, with fewer side effects and a better prognosis. I don't want to take a single penny away from other any other cancer research; breast-cancer too has claimed friends of mine. I do simply want to raise awareness and cash to help the plight of men everywhere. Too many of us will eventually be glad that we helped.


This is my face on the last day of October. There will be regular updates. Keep the cash coming in by sponsoring any man you know growing a Mo. Why not show support by sporting a stick on one yourself, if you're too young or have the wrong chromosomes to grow one yourself.

Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment