Tuesday, April 20, 2010

...and so it begins

So, blog 1.
I'm still not entirely sure how this will work, what I'll write about and not write about, who might be reading etc. I suppose we'll figure that out as we go along.

Today, guilt and my bible.
Mostly that's what I get from my bible, guilt that I'm not reading it. My motivation for finding time for it waxes and wanes, but I know I should read it, and generally it's worth doing. No surprise there, It's been a pretty popular book for thousands of years so it must have some validity.

Anyway, today the knowledge that I was about to blog spurred me on. I hope living my faith out here in the blogosphere will keep me accountable and make me do the things I know I should.
So, before I indulged myself with toast and lemon curd and a cup of Earl Grey with a good chunk of Sci-Fi I found time to crack open Romans (we've got a sermon series coming up at church so it seemed as good a place as any). One of the verses jumped out at me: "I am not ashamed of the gospel." I thought "yeah, that''s me" but realised perhaps I am a little. In day to day life my faith doesn't get the press it ought to when I talk to my friends and colleagues who don't believe. Maybe this is a step in the right direction, maybe not, but it seemed serendipitous that that particular verse popped out today.

Anyway, enough blogging, my lovely wife wants me back, all to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment